Monday, May 4, 2009

Why lie about that???

I've been kicking around this question for a while, probably because I'm facing another birthday square in the face. But, why lie about your age?

Unless you have lots of illegal contacts and are able to get all of your records changed from local to state to national government records - you're good and stuck with the actual year you were born. It's something that can not be out run, even if you did have some sneaky (or just very clever) way to out smart all those agencies that keep track of that stuff. I mean, really doesn't it always come out? And doesn't it get complicated with always trying to remember what was said to people? (Which is in fact my whole problem with lying at all - I can't keep it straight so I'll just tell you the truth up front most likely.)

Sometimes, doesn't age just make you better? You can say you lived to tell the tale, you bare the scars but you can still rock those 7 jeans and can shop in juniors if you really feel like it. I swear, life didn't really start for me until the last couple of years and it's pretty fucking amazing. Maybe I'm lucky, I've got great friends (that don't seem to care that I'm 76, soon to be 77), guys seem to still like me a little, my cats don't even care. Anyway, it just seems weird to me to not wear your age proudly (and I'm guilty of that too) because I've had those experiences, I've seen those things, they're all the same, they're all life... we all have limited time, why not embrace it for the gift that it is and let others, as well as ourselves, learn from experience and just admit we've lived awhile?

Oh, and in case there's anyone actually reading this and has maybe been curious as to why my age is 76 - it's because of all the skeevy, apparently sex starved, grody trolls that just randomly hit on people here. - they are none too subtle, and usually start a message with something really endearing like, "You're really hot, stay that way!" Ugh - delete - NEXT!!! I can't imagine having the time to surf all the profiles to do that, it's got to be terribly time consuming. I've said it before, searching and perusing people on MySpace is a bore. Those of you that have found love on this place - kudos to you, you're probably a 1 in a gazillion shot and you made it - I tip my hat to you and wish you all the best.

I've bored myself now, I'll move on.

What AM I reading? I just finished one called Walking In Circles Before Lying Down. Lots of fun, nothing too deep or meaningful - the perfect weekend read.

I'm back on Dharma Punx, hard reading because he's explaining things pretty thoroughly about his drug addiction and total fall from grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment