Monday, May 4, 2009

Truthiness

I'm stumped as to what to say.

This is new to me. Someone once said that I'm not quick enough to come up with something to say (the person that said this was a little drunk so I forgave the slight, and honestly I don't know that it was directed just at me). Anyway, I've learned to filter. I've learned to not say exactly what I think or be too honest. I've learned that people don't often want to know what I really and truly think - so I filter. This has been so hard, and I guess it goes back to the subject of "Talk nice to people" or whatever it is that I called that entry. I'm trying to figure out how you decided where you need to filter and where turning the filter off is okay.

The one thing I've learned is that some people need a preface for the truth. "Now, don't take this personally...", "This is just my opinion..." , I just can't always tell who needs the preface. I wonder how it is that some people are so sensitive, while others only appear to be?

We need to have stamps or signs or cards or something to signify that we are willing to hear the truth, can deal with the truth, PREFER the truth - the filter is optional.

Or - I'm a delicate flower and prefer a fib of masking quality that may hint at the truth but not be too brutal or clear - please come to your own conclusions but be kind on the way there.

Guess there's no way that's really comfortable for all involved, huh?

Just rambling, and I can't sleep - so hear I am.

I'm almost done with Dharma Punx if anyone cares. Good book, very much a memoir. The writing style is very casual, like he's sitting in the room talking to you. I like it. How does one decide or chose to be a Buddhist? Especially in North Texas?

No comments:

Post a Comment